Friday, January 20, 2012

Jan 2012 Mira Ready to Go!

So after countless hours of stitching, I'm finally ready to send off my MIRA project.  (I won't see her for almost an entire year!).  Here's how she looks before she hops in the mail:

And a closeup:


My theme is Roses.  I chose to stitch Rose Arbour.  So all the Ladies have something to do with roses (or flowers).  When it comes back, I will have (in addition to Rose Arbour) Rose of Sharon, Damask Roses, Rose Celebration, Garden Beauty, Blossom Harvest, Lady of the Mist and Sabrina stitched in the diamonds.  In  the triangle borders, I've asked each lady in our group to stitch a rose or bouquet in the triangles on the side or bottom as I have done and to also stitch their initials somewhere in the flower as well.  I look forward to seeing the progress on it and especially getting it back in December!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh, that border!!
    I'll be watching this one on it's way round the world, it's a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo. I look forward to stitching with you on the Band Sampler starting in May.

    ReplyDelete